Wednesday, December 26, 2018

INTERVIEW WITH MD FRYSON (MERIDIAN CHRONICLES)

The elves seem a little pooped from all the festivities and didn't want to play along in the earlier post, darned format gremlins, so here's our interview with author MD Fryson. Be sure to read all about the book in the earlier post this morning!


SC: Tell me a little bit about your main character of this book.

MDF: The main character’s name in Black Widow Curse & The Coven, is Meridian.  She is a realm born Spirit Guide who has recently come of age where it is her time to go and watch over humankind.  She is special in that she comes from a line of spirit guides who were realm born as well. 

Her growing gifts are a threat to the current realm’s leader, Warrick, who has his own secrets and agendas.  Her banishment from the realm leaves her now living as a human and she unknowingly carries the Black Widow Curse.  She finds her way back to a character from the first book, Tallulah who is a psychic and palm reader that communicates with spirits.  She takes Meridian in and they go back to Salem, to see the coven there for help.  The Fairies who in the past let the spirit guides down, now come forward to help Meridian find the answers to her curse. 

Once she comes to realize what her curse is and how it affects her and men, she is hit with a double edge sword in who will help her break the curse and how she finds this person.

Meridian is a bit immature as she comes through from the first book in the series, but she begins to show she realizes that much responsibility weighs on her in order to get through her problem.  If she does not succeed, human kind is under a threat from the demons who wish to rule Earth, not to mention what may come of certain men.  Meridian undergoes prolific changes and realizations through out the course of the series, and she is a metaphor for all of us who may have lost our way at one time, made a few mistakes and came out on the other side stronger with a sense of purpose and understanding. 

SC: Do you believe in the paranormal and if so, do you have an experience you can share?

MDF: Yes I do.  I could not have written about it, if I did not believe.  I will put it to you this way, I know a person who was raised in the scope of practicing the Wiccan beliefs which observe the law of Karma and boy do I believe in Karma.  One of the aspects that she believed in was communication with the spirits around by use of a spirit circle.  Not to be confused with a Ouija board. In my personal observation with this experience I was introduced to, I can say that based on what I experienced, there were too many unexplained things that occurred that I could not explain away.   The experience I speak of is not one that I have told anyone besides my husband and that, I prefer to keep to myself. 

We all have our senses, and I believe that some people are a little more inclined to use their sixth sense than others and that is a sense that I have always had, just didn’t always understand it until I met the person who introduced me to a world I never went to before.

SC: What titles are you working on now that you can tell us about?

MDF: The third book to the series ‘Fairy Nymphs & The Demon Court’, is actually with the editor and I am halfway complete with the fourth and last book to the series.  (It is named, but a surprise for later.) The fourth and last book to the series is halfway complete and  I have outlined my next series and will begin writing in the coming weeks.  This series will actually be even darker than the current one and I know I will have a blast writing it!  

SC: Thanks so much for stopping by today. Let's take a look at your book now!

1 comment: