Wednesday, April 4, 2018

MYSTERIES FROM THE SPACE/TIME CONTINUM





Time. We've all lost track of it. But has it ever lost track of you?
 

I'll give you an example. I used to do a 2.5 hr. drive from Rexdale to Mt. Forest, Ontario quite often to go visit my folks. I took the same route every time. Up Airport Rd., where I'd pass by some guy who was building a boat in his driveway, to Orangeville where I'd stop at McDonalds to grab a soda. Then I'd swing west on Highway 89 for the rest of the trip.

One time, I drove past the boat builder but I didn't stop in Orangeville. The next thing I knew I was just outside of a small town called Arthur. I had no recollection of that missing part of the journey. It was weird. It was even weirder when I walked into the house and my Dad looked at the clock and said "you're early." The trip had only taken me about an hour.

True, it was the 80's and I had a really fast car, but it's still impossible to do that drive in that time.

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment